Society

The bodies of the 8 shot adolescents were buried in the famous Bambéto cemetery on Friday 6th.

FUNERAL OF THE VICTIMS

The bodies of eight youths killed during the November protests of the National Front for the Defence of the Constitution (FNDC) in Conakry, were buried this Friday, December 06, 2019, at the famous Bambéto Cemetery.
After the lifting of the bodies, marked by the presence of the opponents Sidya Toure, Cellou Dalein Diallo and Abdourahamane Sanoh, main leaders of the FNDC, the Sino-Guinean hospital around 12:15, the young people shot with live ammunition were taken to the big mosque of Bambeto, where mortuary prayers were performed.
After the prayer, these young people were buried in the same place as the other martyrs of the democratic struggle since 2011 in Guinea.
Several leaders took part in this funeral march. UFDG President Cellou Dalein Diallo was again determined to keep up the pressure on Alpha Condé’s power, despite the many killings during street demonstrations.
Expressing outrage that the Guinean authorities have ruled that these Guineans do not have the right to be prayed at the great mosque Faisal, the main opponent of Alpha Conde is also surprised to see that these victims will never have right to justice.
“No investigation will be conducted to try to find the perpetrators and bring them to justice. But this can only galvanize our resolve to defend the Constitution and to refuse the adoption of a new Constitution, “said Cellou Dalein Diallo.
The opening of a dialogue Thursday in Conakry between the ruling party the opposition, will not prevent at all the continuation of the demonstrations of the National Front for the Defence of the Constitution (FNDC). Cellou Dalein Diallo, leader of the opposition and member of the FNDC, made the announcement this Friday, December 06, 2019 on the beside of the lifting of the bodies of the eight young people killed during the last demonstrations in the capital.
Abdourahamane Sanoh: “not going to the end would be to betray the memory of the victims.”
In the morning, several leaders of the front, expressed their anger related to many killings, but also reiterated their determination to continue the fight to prevent any constitutional change in Guinea.
Abdourahamane Sanoh remains uncompromising with regard to this struggle, committed more than six months ago.
“We would like to reassure that none of these killings will remain unpunished, it must be very clear for both the backers and elements of the defence and security forces who sometimes did not have any humanism. This day is a dark day and sadness for our country. I would like to say here, to all the people of Guinea and all the FNDC agreements, that not to continue until the final victory would be to betray the memory of those who fell and were wounded; we must go until the final victory. This dangerous and satanic dream must turn into a nightmare for those who are doing it. Fear is already on their side; let’s continue fighting for our revolution forever, “he said.
Alongside this funeral march for the burial of the eight (8) people killed during the FNDC demonstrations, an officer’s vehicle was set on fire.
The incident took place before the arrival of the funeral procession in Bambeto. And for good reason, the officer attempted to force his passage, while young people reigned as absolute masters on the spot, prohibiting him to turn around.
In Bambéto, violent clashes took place at the roundabout of Bambéto and its surroundings. Gendarmes and police officers faced the young protesters. Clashes took place at Magasin not far from the big mosque of Bambéto where youngster was shot in the head. Two other violently molested youngsters had been admitted to the hospital.

Mamadou Saliou Diallo.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Most Popular

To Top